What's new at Craft Critter
We're always trying to improve the site. If you have ideas, please let us know!
After ten+ years as a free/automated/self-service site on LeftSource.com, CraftCritter.com goes live today as a service that sells custom latch hook kits. (The free site is still up and running at leftsource.com)
A major upgrade, including server, operating system, and Internet connection. There is now an approximate 30x speed increase in Internet connectivity, and a significant increase in processing speed/power.
Added a color editor, so you can remove specific colors from the palette of available colors. This is a beta level function (it may not work).
Added the ability to upload file attachments on the comments page. Now it's easy to send a picture of a project to us! A couple of months ago, we started work on the examples web page, which shows off projects you've done.
Added ability to choose separate horizontal and vertical yarns-per-inch values. Fixed samples page.
Removed version 1.0. Version 2.0 is the real deal now.
Custom latch hook creation version 2.0 is now available on the home page. Please give it a spin! Some added features:
- Editing of your uploaded picture (brighten, saturate, contrast, color adjusting, and even cropping).
- Instantly view your changes (with undo).
- Choose to dither or not to dither the latch hook project.
- View your project at different zoom levels while you make changes.
- Improved project print output, including a 10x10 grid for easier latch hooking.
1) Added this news page.
2) We're working hard on a major upgrade with new features and bug fixes. As always, feedback is appreciated!
Scott Myles shows off a giant "self portrait" latch hook project.